Founded in Milan in 1937, Mapei is today’s world leader in the production of adhesives and chemical products for building.
Starting in the 1960’s Mapei put its strategy of internationalization into action in order to have maximum proximity to the needs of local markets and reduce shipping costs to a minimum.
The Group now counts 68 subsidiaries with 63 production facilities in operation over 31 countries and 5 continents.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT: every year Mapei invests 5% of its annual turnover and employs 12% of its workforce in research. In addition to its 63 quality control labs, Mapei has 10 research and development laboratories: in Milan, Villadossola (Italy), Treviso (Italy), Laval (Canada), Deerfield Beach, Winterhaven, Dalton (USA), Sagstua (Norway), Wiesbaden (Germany) and Toulose (France).
Mapei manufactures the following product lines:
• Products for Ceramics and Stone Materials
• Products for Resilient and Textile Materials
• Products for wooden floor
• Products for Cementitious and Resin Flooring
• Wall Protective and Decorative Coatings
• Products for Building
• Products for the repair of Masonry
• Products for Structural Strengthening
• Elastic Sealants and Adhesives
• Products for Thermal Insulation
• Products for Waterproofing
• Products for Underground Constructions
• Admixtures for Concrete
• Grinding Aids for Cement
• Products for Acoustic Insulation
Today, India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world and the building industry contributes a huge percentage towards the growth. Mapei India focuses, in the first phase, to meet the needs of the home market for admixtures for concrete, materials for underground construction, grinding aids, Specialized Waterproofing and of course the growing need for ceramics and stone materials.